All day long it will be in your stomach cuz you swallowed it!!! Yep, Hawkins swallowed a penny last night. He choked for a minute, threw up, and then went right back to playing. It must be noted that even though he threw up (after a night at a Chucky Cheese birthday party, not pretty) he still managed to swallow the penny. I called his pediatrician this morning to see if there was anything I needed to do. They said just to make sure he is not coughing or complaining of pain, and make sure it "returns" in the next 7 days. I am officially on penny poop patrol! Hawkins had the nastiest... well I won't go into details! I guess I'll have to get him a wallet for his birthday to keep his money in from now on.Tuesday, September 9, 2008
See A Penny, Pick It Up...
All day long it will be in your stomach cuz you swallowed it!!! Yep, Hawkins swallowed a penny last night. He choked for a minute, threw up, and then went right back to playing. It must be noted that even though he threw up (after a night at a Chucky Cheese birthday party, not pretty) he still managed to swallow the penny. I called his pediatrician this morning to see if there was anything I needed to do. They said just to make sure he is not coughing or complaining of pain, and make sure it "returns" in the next 7 days. I am officially on penny poop patrol! Hawkins had the nastiest... well I won't go into details! I guess I'll have to get him a wallet for his birthday to keep his money in from now on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Well, I can laugh now since I know he is OK- and I am picturing you in rubber gloves going through every #2 he has for the next week- ahhh the things moms have to do! Good luck! He sounds like my dog- anything that falls on the floor Miles will eat!
Oh, that is too funny!!! (Since he's going to be okay, of course... and pennies aren't even magnetic, thank goodness! :-) Kiddo loves to "save his money" - and he loves to play around putting things in his mouth. And kids are SO good at vomiting in the process of swallowing whatever undesirable thing... oy. My heart goes out to you! (And I must say, it's a relief that someone else's kid is actually swallowing things and doing quite well... Kiddo keeps playing around putting things in his mouth lately, and I HATEHATEHATE it!!!)
Oh my! Just what you need to add to the stress your under! I'm glad he is OK. If any of them were gonna do it, it would be Hawk! Kinda funny though. Have fun on "Poop Patrol" and hope everything comes out in the wash!
Oy! Good luck with poopy patrol. Katie continues to put everything in her mouth too. Found a nut and bolt in her mouth yesterday. I can always tell when she's sucking on something - "Kateylnn, what do you have in your mouth", "spit it out" - into my hand of course - yuck! And let's see a few days ago she was also sucking on a popcorn seed. And she is always sticking a little metal bolt cover from one of our chairs in her mouth. (Wish that thing would stay in place - maybe I need to get out a hammer - take out a little frustration :-)
ha ha! crazy hawk, maybe he needs a piggy bank so that the piggy can eat his money...not him :) Hope you find that penny soon!
Leave it to Hawk to be his own piggy bank!
Don't worry Jill, as long as he doesn't crap out a peso it's all good.
Love Chris
Post a Comment