Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Wilds of Arizona

Here are a few things you might find here in Southern Arizona

There are beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Scott took this pic while at work!
This pic was also taken by Scott while at work. Maybe he could get a side job for National Geographic!
We found this little beauty in our back yard. It was dead when we found it. The kids weren't to excited about this one.
I think Hawk thinks if he just walks by slowly and doesn't make eye contact this dino want give him any trouble!


This is Rocky! He is one of Scott's coworkers pet turtle. He is about the size of a medium sized dog. The kids enjoy him!

Come visit soon so you can experience some of these wonderful things too!

5 comments:

Vernie and Tony said...

Have ya seen any lizards yet? I wasn't too thrilled about the turantula's but I saw plenty of them when I lived there. A few black widows too. I prefer the dinosaur. LOL The sunset is gorgeous!

Heather said...

if I had found that spider I would have wet myself- doesn't matter that it is dead- still gross.

Jer and Lish said...

I'm glad the spider was dead! That thing was huge! I hope they only live on your side of the street:)

ChrisandTamara said...

Great pics. But I wouldn't want to visit the spider. ;-) See my spider story comment on Liv's blog (the entry about the spider in her shower).

Linda said...

Holy-Moly! I can't believe you found that HUGE spider in your yard. That's probably my worst fear about living in AZ...snakes and scorpions follow closely. Thankfully we haven't had any types of unwanted visitors!