Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School...

And our first full day without Scottie.  Scotlyn misses her daddy!
Here we are saying goodbye to Scottie at the Boise airport.  Gordon and Gavin were there as well.  It was hard to keep my composure, but I tried not to cry too much because I didn't want Hawk to freak out.  He did fine!  We'll see what the next couple of days bring though.
  The kids had a great first day of school.  Claire's teacher was my third grade teacher, and she doesn't go to the same school I went to.  It's so cool because I know what a great teacher she is.  Hawkins just had to get in on this picture.  He's still wearing his pj's.  Claire's shirt say Hello my name is awesome.  She picked it out.  She is so funny!

6 comments:

Curtis and Deedra said...

I think the main thing is to make sure you keep busy. I don't think that will be hard to do though. But if you're busy it will make the time go by quicker and you'll have less time to think about it.
Good luck!
Yay for school! My daughter can't wait to go next year.

Unknown said...

We feel ya... great job staying together :-). Hope Little Spidey - er - Hawkins keeps cool & Scotlyn is able to relax...

That's so neat that you had Claire's teacher, too - it's nice to know someone's real teaching style from experience. I bet she'll have a great year :-). Mostyn looks so excited, too! :-) Glad they had a great first day!!!

Heather said...

Good looking family. Well, from my experience of having a husband that is gone for long stretches sometimes (a month in Kanab for a film shoot) I can say this- I appreciate him so much more when he's back! So in a weird way having them (husbands) gone can actually make your relationship even stronger- at least that's how it is for me. Best of luck with it- and I agree with Deedra- stay busy! (With Hawkins around that shouldn't be a problem) And you can cry in your room at night when Hawkins isn't watching. :0)

Vernie and Tony said...

Loved the pictures! I'm so glad your blogging! It helps so much! I want a shirt that says "Hello My name is Awesome"! Too funny! Stay busy,(I as well know that won't be hard with those 4) time will fly!

CPTA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CPTA said...

Hey Jill,

I know how hard it is to be away from Scott. It was very hard for me when Chris left, and we're used to being away from each other. I literally cried for days! If you need anything - someone to chat with, questions about what you might be feeling while Scott's away, you have my number. I'm only a call/text away. Keep your chin up, the kids will keep you occupied I'm sure. It'll be hard the first few days, but you'll be just fine. It will go by faster than you know it! You might even be able to help him in some studying on the weekends. It helped Chris.

Take care! I love the pictures of the kids! They're getting so big now!

Love ya!