Monday, February 8, 2010

I AM NOT THAT GIRL

We have all seen these girls right? We all probably know one, or maybe you are one. If that's the case, I hope you won't take any offense to this post. Though, I am pretty sure 90% of these girls would never seem themselves as being one. I am talking about the girls who look like they just came from the salon. Not a hair out of place, and possibly sporting a bumpit too. Flawless skin, and perfect make-up... are those false eye lashes? They alway have the cutest outfit on and are generally in great shape. That has to be a boob job, right?! Their straight, white teeth look even whiter next to there gorgeous tan. Dad has to be a dentist or oral surgeon or something! Generally, I would say these girls are LDS, but I don't want to discriminate. However, there is a colony of them living in St. George, Utah. I always see them there. It's like a gang or something. You know what they remind me of? Barbies!
I wonder if they always look like this. I have seen them at the schools dropping their kids off looking amazing in the wee hours of the morning, while I am still sporting pajamas, and my hair is piled up on my head. Do they ever wear sweats? Better yet, do they sweat?
No, I am not one of these girls. I would refer to myself more as a hot mess! A t-shirt and jeans kinda girl. I do like a hot pair of heels now and again though. If anyone ever asked me if I want to be like one of these girls I would give the answer without hesitation... NO. But then begs the question... why am I spending all this time blogging about it?

If you don't know what a bumpit is, go here!

9 comments:

Anjeanette said...

Yes, I have totally seen those type of girls, and can't stand how ugly it makes me feel......I mean really, do you always have to look so good. One thing I do find funny with that is, you can always find a few of them, of course always looking perfect, but their kids look like bums off the street. I never understood that. People that get themselves all done up, and they don't even comb their kids hair. All I have to say (and it makes me feel better) is that my kids always look good, even if I don't. That my reason (excuse..lol) my kids come first....

Heather said...

I soooooooo know what you are talking about. They're not just in St George- I have seen plenty in SLC. I hate them. OK, I don't hate them, but seriously how can they look that good all the time! Don't they know they're making the rest of us normal girls feel ugly!? UH! I just try to avoid them -hard to do when you live in Utah! :0(

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

THANK YOU! Seriously who are they? I know many of them and I can answer your questions, no they don't always look like this. I have seen some of them at early mornign dance rehearsals when they have been sweeting for hours. Some of them have also been my former roomates and I have seen how it takes them four hours to get ready (time I spent sleeping in). I'm sure that the day after thier wedding thier husbands roll over and wonder who they married, because the girl in bed with them looks nothing like the one that they dated.

Anonymous said...

OK, At my age I consider all you girls ONE OF THOSE GIRLS!!! lol
Your all gorgeous no matter what the hour! Wait till your my age and you will see it! BELIEVE ME!

♥ Us ♥ said...

I already feel like Laverne! Lol

Unknown said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!! :)

I SO get it... I always feel self-conscious around them, too, but I'm really blessed to know a lot of natural, no-fuss, no-plastic, non-made-up beauties, too - it helps!!! :)

FWIW, you're one of them! :) You've got this great, REAL, naturally beautiful vibe without all that pretentious, fake nonsense... and I bet your hubby appreciates that he can still recognize his beautiful wife with *and without* her hair & makeup "done"! ;)

Jill and Scott said...

I am glad I am not the only one!!! ANd I think you are all beautiful! THank you Krista for the compliments! I guess I am feeling a little blah lately, and having "those" kinds girls around doesn't help!

The Bodily Family said...

I'm sorry for offending anyone with my great body and put together looks. It's true you can come over anytime of the day and I will look AMAZING! Oh wait, you weren't talking about me? I thought a ponytail, no make-up and sweats were in style.

Jenn said...

I sooo can relate. From time to time I will find myself comparing myself to these women but then I take stock in my life. I am secure enough in who I am that I don't have to be all dolled up to go somewhere. (Going to Wal-mart or the gym bald for a few months will certainly cure that!) I do like to dress up and look nice etc but I will not spend what little time and money we have on my appearance when my kids want to play soccer etc. I will always forego fake nails, fake tans, and fake eyelashes so that my kids can experience childhood by getting swimming lessons, going to birthday parties (which require getting a present), camping etc. I think I would be very unhappy if I felt I had to spend all that time and money on myself to look like Barbie each day. The people in my life would rather have me here spending time playing Go Fish than at the salon! And you my dear, being my sis and all, are just like me in that regard. Your hubby and your children and your family think you are a glowing, bubbly and wonderful person - regardless of your clothes or hair. And for those that turn up their nose at you when they see you in sweats and pony - well they can just "Bumpit!"