Friday, April 15, 2011

More birthdays and birds

We seem to be sticking with a theme here for the month of April. Yesterday was Scott's birthday. He is the big 3-7! Unfortunately, he had to work, but once he got home we decided to go out to dinner as a family! This is something we don't do very often, and by the end of the night I remembered why. Originally we were going to head to the OG..... Olive Garden. One just opened up here about a month ago, and apparently the newness hasn't worn off. There was an hour wait!!! So, we headed to Texas Roadhouse. Claire wasn't too excited... she was really hoping for OG. She said, "I don't like Texas food!" Made me chuckle. When we were walking to our table we had more than one comment about the size of our family. Apparently, you don't see too many large families out to dinner at a nicer restaurant. Now had it been Applebeees, I am sure no one would have said a word. I am glad we went where we did though. Sure beats the dollar menu that Scott would of had us partake of if he had his way. Hawkins drink spilled on the floor and so they poured peanuts on the puddle of Sprite and stomped on them to clean up the mess. The kids thought that was great and had to get in on the action! Wish I had taken a picture!

Earlier in the day I made cupcakes for Mostyn's class to celebrate his birthday. Well, the store actually made and frosted the cupcakes.... I just decorated them. The theme was Angry Birds! The kids loved them! I got the idea from one of my favorite blogs, The Crafting Chicks. You can go here to check it out.

Mine aren't as great as theirs, but I am pleased with them none the less. I had a heck of a time trying to find some of the ingredients, so I had to improvise... happens a lot when you live in a small town.

On a side note, we should be moving into our new home in two weeks. I am so excited! I will post pictures as soon as I know it's a done deal. After all we went through with the last house, I'm not taking any chances!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those cupcakes are AWESOME, LOL!!! And really? Texas Roadhouse doesn't get many large (meaning more than 2? No idea) families? I guess the $ would make a difference, but that's funny that people noticed, and also AWESOME. :) Nice, kid-friendly clean-up, too - that'd be so cool! :)

So excited for you guys to get into your new place! :)

Vernie and Tony said...

I love Angry Birds (the game) and I love love love the cupcakes!~! Totally look like the game birds! Great job!! I'LL BET THE KIDS LOVED THE SMASHING PEANUTS! Better hope they don't try it at home! lol Can't wait to see the new house in person. The pictures were so awesome!!