Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Party

Was out of this world! I made this rocket ship for the party. We had it at the front door to greet the guests.
Later, we took each child picture in it. We also played a game where the kids tried to throw a ball through the hole. Here's my little astronaut getting ready for take off!
We also played "pin the sun in the solar system". I drew the solar system on a piece of cardboard and then the kids would try and pin their sun in the middle. Lots of fun, and educational! ; )
Claire helped blow up rocket balloons. Once blown up you let go of them and they go flying all over the place! The kids loved those!
I also had Claire and Mostyn chalk draw aliens on our concrete fence and then the kids threw water balloon meteors at them. You can kind of see the wet spots on the wall in this picture.
Ah, the cake! Originally, I was going to make it into a UFO, but Hawk thought it looked like Saturn and wanted it to be a Saturn cake. I did the best I could. The cupcakes represent some of Saturn's moons.
This is our alien pinata. The kids enjoyed battling the alien. He was full of candy after all!
All and all, I think the party was a success! We had around a dozen kids and I think they all had a great time. Next year though, we'll just do a family party. This mom needs a break! : )


4 comments:

Vernie and Tony said...

WHAT A GREAT PARTY!!!! You should be a Party Planner! Seriously! How orginal! I love it! Everything was PERFECT and our little Astronant looked thrilled with it all! Hug and kisses!

Curtis and Deedra said...

I agree, what a GREAT party! I love the idea of that rocket ship. Very versatile. You were able to use it several ways.
I know what you mean by take a break and just do a family party. I'm going to do the same thing with Nikki after her Tinker Bell party she had this year. It will just be family next year and a lot simpler.

Heather said...

way to go Jill! Lots of GREAT IDEAS! Love the rocket ship - picture opportunity, and a game! AWESOME. May just have to throw Rowan a space party when he's older! Good work- sounds like loads of fun!

Unknown said...

That is AWESOME!!! Space-rock on, woman!!! :-) You have such great ideas... and you did a GREAT job!!! :-)