Thursday, September 17, 2009

Getting Ready to Party

Hawkins will be four on the 28th and so I have been working on getting a party going for him. This will be his first "friends" birthday party. It should be a lot of fun! I don't know which one of us is more excited, him or me. We are going with an outer space themed party. I made up these invitations:
They read:
You're invited to attend Hawkins Stewart's 4 year mission to Mars!
Launch site: Stewart Space Station
Launch Date: 09/26/09
Count Down Begins at 5pm
RSVP Commander Jill Stewart
Space goodies will be served

I've come up with some fun ideas for games and I am going to try and make a cake that looks like an alien spaceship. If it doesn't turn out, I guess I can just say its a meteor. Wish me luck! I'll post pics of the party when it's all said and done.

5 comments:

David and Amanda said...

Love, love, love the theme and the wording on the invite, sounds like it's going to be a "blast!" I'm excited to see the pictures!

Vernie and Tony said...

That is soooooo clever!!! I love it Jill! Hawkins is gonna be in another world!! I can't wait to hear all about it! I wish we could be there for his 4th birthday! Kiss him for us! (course he may hate that....he's growin upm and all) LOL

The Bodily Family said...

Jill you're so talented! I love the invites. What a cute idea.

Anonymous said...

So cool! You said you will say that the not turned out alien cake will be a meteor, ha ha very funny.

The Hatch's said...

I have a ball pan if you want to throw a planet or two in there.