Wednesday, June 3, 2009

One more thing I miss about Boise....


OUR PEDIATRICIAN!

I had to take Scotlyn in for her 1 year check up today. This was our first visit to the pediatrician here in Arizona. I like the doctor, he was very nice and made Scotlyn and I feel very comfortable. The nurses and office workers were okay, but here is the thing that really got to me... there wasn't a toy or a children's book in sight! That just seems crazy to me. Our doctor in Boise, Katherine Stevens, has toys everywhere! In the waiting room, and in every examining room. And her office has murals on all the walls for the kids to look at and enjoy. And don't even get me started on her staff... they are the best! I wish I could pack them all up and move them here!
If you are wondering about this picture of Scotlyn; I decided she looks like Beaker from the Muppets, so I dressed her up as such! She looks a lot like Hawk in this pic. She is such a good sport for letting me do that. Oh, and by the way, she only weighs 18lbs. She eats like a horse though. Must have her dad's metabolism!

 

5 comments:

Curtis and Deedra said...

very cute. she does look like Hawkins. Obviously they are related :)

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

I don't let Brogan touch the toys or books at our pediatrician's office. I can tell they haven't been cleaned and given the fact that its a Dr's office, its usually sick kids playing with them.

Stillman and Michelle said...

that's okay if you miss us. That just means you'll come home sooner.

CPTA said...

she's adorable. she doews look like hawk!

Vernie and Tony said...

Little Beaker is definitely your's and Scott's baby! NO MISTAKING THAT! What a LITTLE cutie! Can't wait to see the kids.