Monday, March 23, 2009


imgres.jpg

Life has been a bit chaotic to say the least, but it is finally starting to come together. I would have blogged sooner, but we didn't have internet service until this last Friday! It's no wonder I've been talking to the people in my t.v.! There is so much to blog about... I scarcely know where to begin! I need to post pics of our trip down here, and I will (as soon as I photo shop myself to look fabulous and not so tired and dowdy). I will also post pics of the house; which is absolutely wonderful!
For now, I will fill you in on a little episode of our new life here in Sierra Vista. By the way, I am thinking of starting the Real Housewives of Sierra Vista (or SV if your down). I have made some truly stellar friends in the few weeks that I have been here! On that note, I invited a bunch of ladies over for a Twilight viewing party at our house Saturday evening. I must now publicly thank my husband for being such a trooper and watching the kids during the festivities. Anyway, not all the ladies that wanted to come could... which is a wonderful excuse to do it again.! All the same, it was a great time! Yummy food, good company, and EDWARD! Two funny stories came out of this little get together- First, when I called one of the gals on Thursday evening to invite her to the party she was like, "Are you a total twilight freak?" Okay, lets define freak! Turns out she had not read any of the books or seen the movie, but she seemed really excited about coming to the party and said she would be there. Ten minutes later she called back to ask if I had the book for her to borrow and if I thought she could finish it by Friday night.  I told her there was a good possibility since you get so sucked in it's hard to put the book down! Well, she did it! We must now publicly thank her husband for taking part of Friday off to take their kids hiking so she could get in some undisturbed reading time! Good on ya, Nathan! I'm afraid I have created a monster though! At least she'll have some time to read New Moon before that movie comes out!
So, the second funny story occurred Sunday morning. I was checking my email when Scott came into our room and preceded to put in a movie. What? "I guess I better see what all the fuss is!" That's right people, my husband willingly watched Twilight! I swear, I had nothing to do with it! And, he didn't hate it! I am now trying to convince him to read the books! The movie just doesn't do the book justice. Wish me luck on my new crusade! 
I hope to have new posts daily for awhile (time permitting of course). I also want to change up my blog. I am looking for any thoughts or ideas. I'd like to change the name and the look. Let me know your thoughts...

5 comments:

Jenn said...

You are not a Twilight Freak. Dakota says we are Tweeks - Twilight Geeks. I can certainly handle that. I only have 100 pages left on the 3rd book and should have it done tonight. I hope I can get the 4th done before I am back to work full-time.

Now I am also sucked into Rob Pattinson's (the guy who plays Edward) music. He is so talented.

Let's hope Al's book is even a fraction as successful!

Heather said...

I can't believe it- sounds like you have made more friends in SV in a month then I have made in a year in Chandler! Little Mrs. Social Butterfly. Good for you- I am glad you have some girlfriends. Wish I could have come to the Twilight festivities - I still have not seen the movie and I am the one who got my mom hooked! jeez. I can't wait to see pics of the house :0) I can't believe Scott watched! Jon would rather die - and he probably will die before succumbing to any of the Twilight films. I don't know about your blog - like I said, I make all my headers in photoshop. I am sure you will come up with something! - a new name would be fun - you're creative, you will think of something good!

Vernie and Tony said...

Oh, I'm so glad things are going well for you and that you've made so many new friends already! That is so awesome! Totally funny about the Twilight Frenzy! We had a good time watching it ALONE for a date night! It was fun and Tony likes the movie! My hat's off to Scott for watching it! Now we have to see if we can SUCK Jon in! LOL Love your signiture!!!!

Stillman and Michelle said...

If it helps Curtis and Stillman and my brother read the books and loved them! they liked New Moon and Breaking Dawn the best.

Jenn said...

Get him the audio books to listen to while working out etc. I would say while moving the lawn but I don't think you have grass down there do you? ;-)